Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, acupuncture, electrotherapy, education and advice.
Our CSP (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) registered physiotherapists will complete a full assessment to evaluate the source of pain or movement dysfunction, provide a diagnosis and then advise the best possible treatment pathway. this pathway will be fully discussed with the patient, any questions they may have will be answered and their consent will be obtained prior to commencing treatment.
We encourage patients to self-manage in this process through education, advice and exercise.
Aims of physiotherapy
- Alleviate pain
- Restore and improve range of movement
- Maximise potential function through rehabilitation
- Treatment and rehabilitation of all types of injuries
- Safe return to sport through treatment and exercise
- Advice regarding injury prevention
- Educate patients on their diagnosis and treatment
A variety of conditions can be treated
- Joint pain
- Arthritic conditions
- Spinal pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Knee injuries
- Sports injuries
- Muscle and/or ligament tears/strains
- Whiplash/neck strain
- Tennis/golfers elbow
- Postural dysfunction such as mechanical low back and neck pain
- Ergonomic advice
- Pre and post operative rehabilitation
- Vestibular (balance) rehabilitation
- Repetitive strain injuries
Commencing treatment as soon as possible can mean a quicker recovery and therefore less time away from work, hobbies or sport.
If you are unsure whether physiotherapy will be of benefit to you do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to advise you.